Ecoenergia, acting as a general contractor at the International Paper’s site in Kwidzyń, constructed a pneumatic system for dry ash transport from the bark-fired KW2 boiler and its electrostatic precipitator to the ash storage silos.
The scope of the turnkey contract included the following operations:
- preparation and approval of complete design documentation,
- supply and installation of two ash pumps manufactured by ENERGO-EKO-SYSTEM,
- supply and installation of a pneumatic ash conveying system,
- expansion of automatic control and electric systems,
- measurements and fine tuning of the newly installed systems,
- startup and putting the new systems into operation.
The contractual operations started in April 2006, and the KW2 boiler was put into operation in December 2006.